Tuesday, February 10, 2015

News, Events, and Two Teasers

Where I've been the last few days:
This past weekend I had the pleasure of participating in the Elgin Literary Festival. I participated in a panel, presented a workshop, met readers, chatted with aspiring writers, sold books, and caught up with friends. A big thanks to Karly Kirkpatrick and the other facilitators who put the event together.

Today, I'm over at Uncommon YA telling Two Truths and a Lie. Stop by and see if you can pick out the lie!

Update on ENTWINED:
Developmental edits are complete for ENTWINED. I can now kick my feet up and relax.

Okay, not really, but it's a good feeling to know my amazing developmental editor and I met our deadline. Entwined is now in the heads of the head editor. Time will tell if additional tweaks are needed.


Today's teasers are from EMBRACE, book one in the series.




Teaser #1: 

I followed two chatty sophomores into the classroom and almost lost what little control I had left over my emotions when I saw Mark sitting at our table. I was sure my face turned a few shades of red as I fought the urge to throw something at him and snarled, “Hello.” […] It took me a few seconds, but I managed to pull myself together after that. This would be my only chance to yank out Mark’s hair. The thought cheered me up.






Teaser #2:


Get EMBRACE today!
Only $2.99 


Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Glad you had a wonderful time at the event.

    I really enjoyed both teasers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to something like that. It sounds fun though. :-)

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're able to, you should attend one. It's great to be surrounded by other writers and there's always something for everyone no matter where you are in your writing journey.

      Delete
  3. I follow you home from my place and discover another talented author. Sigh. What is a weak-willed bookaholic supposed to do, with temptation constantly thrown in her way...
    It sounds as if the Literary Festival was very, very productive - and fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Follow me home anytime. =) The festival was a lot of fun.

      Delete
  4. Glad you like your editor. How did you find him/her in the first place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is with my publisher. I've been blessed to have her for all three books in this series.

      Delete
  5. Developmental Editor and Head Editor ... interesting! I suppose I would consider my agent my "developmental editor" ... she is simply awesome. With my publisher, I have an editor, but then there's also a copy-editor for the final polishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omnific has a few stages for editing. My other publisher had just the editor and copy-editor. It's always nice to know it's in the polishing stage.

      Delete
    2. Omnific has a few stages for editing. My other publisher had just the editor and copy-editor. It's always nice to know it's in the polishing stage.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful conference. What panel were you on? Congrats on the bulk of the editing work being done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The panel was Exploring Other Worlds. It was a group of fantasy, sci-fi and distopain authors.

      Delete